We had to cut the visit short however. There was a substantial storm coming.
But plenty more to come from the Margaret River region.
They have managed to preserve many of the lighthouse outbuildings. The lighthouse keeper’s cottage is well preserved, and the remnants of the water wheel (which transported fresh water from some distance) can also be seen. Even though the lighthouse is only 8km from town, in a storm 8km is not a short distance.
The attraction of the cape is the old lighthouse and associated buildings. The lighthouse was built in 1895, manually operated until 1982, when it was electrified, and fully automated in 1992. It marks where the Southern and Indian Oceans meet, There were tours available, but we were content to just see the outside.